- Thursday, 29 June 2017 16:31
Jointly organised by the Department of Marketing of the School of Business and the Education Bureau and Consumer Council, the first-ever marketing contest for local secondary schools on socially responsible consumption
(SRC) concluded with a final round of competition and award presentation held on 25 June.
The competition, entitled the Hong Kong Secondary School Marketing Contest, engaged 60 teams of 300 students from Secondary three to five who were encouraged to promote SRC. The contest’s objective is to sow the seeds of social responsibility in the younger generation and create sustainable improvements in the community.
The awards list of the Hong Kong Secondary School Marketing Contest is as follows:
• Champion: Wa Ying College
• 1st Runner-Up: Holy Trinity College
• 2nd Runner-Up: St Teresa Secondary School
• Most “Liked” Award: Tsuen Wan Public Ho Chuen Yiu Memorial College
• Best Presentation Award: Tsuen Wan Public Ho Chuen Yiu Memorial College
• Most Creative Award: Wa Ying College
• Best Team Spirit Award: Wa Ying College
• Best Coaching Teacher: Mr Lee Chun-sing of Wa Ying College
The contest was conducted in three stages: in the first round participants were required to submit a one-minute video promoting SRC. Teams selected for the second round could visit social enterprises and hold talks with the owners and practitioners of the enterprises. Then 20 teams were selected to join a two-day, one-night training camp at which contestants had to display their creativity with presentations on four randomly assigned topics on clothing, food, housing and travelling. Five teams were then shortlisted for the final. The judging panel for the final consisted of representatives from the Education Bureau, the Consumer Council, the Hong Kong Council of Social Service, and from local social enterprises.
For more details of the Hong Kong Secondary School Marketing Contest, please visit: www.facebook.com/hkbumktcontest.